TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease SHINSAPPORO CO. LTD. (hereinafter referred to as “TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease”) may request personal information to improve the quality of our services and products and for the convenience of our customers when providing products and services to you.
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease fully acknowledges the importance of protecting the personal information of our customers and believes that without the protection of our customers’ personal information, we would not be able to provide the best products and services based on sound communication with our customers.
1. Personal Information
Customer personal information is information about a specific customer that can be used to identify them. Personal information also includes information that can be combined with other information to identify a specific customer. This includes information such as names and other information provided on questionnaires filled in at the location, and information provided on various documents filled in when renting or leasing a car.
2. Collection Personal Information
When TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease collects personal information from customers, we will clearly state the purpose of collecting such information in our brochures and on our website. When we ask customers to provide their personal information in person, we will clarify the purpose of collection again at that time. We will not use personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of collection that we have informed the customer of. Customers are free to refuse this consent at their own discretion.
3. Usage of the Customer’s Personal Information
(1) Customer information collected will be used only for the following purposes or other legitimate purposes:
- To fulfill our responsibilities in dealing with the customer.
- The following actions from TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease:
- To inform customers of periodic inspections and vehicle inspections by mail, telephone, e-mail, or other means.
- To inform customers about automobiles, insurance, cell phones, other products and services handled by TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease, scheduled periodic inspections, vehicle inspections and insurance maturity dates, and various events and campaigns by sending promotional materials, sending e-mails, and other methods.
- To conduct questionnaire surveys of customers for the purpose of product development, etc., or for the consideration of measures to improve customer satisfaction.
- As an insurance agent, to use the information to the extent necessary for the performance of its business, including the provision of non-life insurance, life insurance, and related services of the insurance companies listed below.
《Insurance Company Names》
Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.(https://www.tokiomarine-nichido.co.jp/en/)
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Co., Ltd.(https://www.aioinissaydowa.co.jp/english/)
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd.(https://www.ms-ins.com/english/)
Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.(https://www.sompo-japan.co.jp/english/)
- To use the personal information listed on the front page of this agreement, the payment status after the start of payment, and the payment status of past debts for the purpose of credit decision and post-credit management.
The above purposes of use may be subject to change within the scope that is reasonably deemed to have considerable relevance. In the event of a change to the above purposes of use, TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease will, in principle, notify the individual in writing or otherwise, or publicly announce the details of the change on its website（www.rent-a-lease.com）or by other means.
(2) Customers may request TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease to cease the information provision and questionnaire surveys described in the preceding paragraph 2. (Please refer to Section 10. Customer Information Consultation Service)
4. Providing Customer’s Personal Information to a Third Party
(1) TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease will not provide customer information to third parties except in the following cases. However, this does not apply when TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease entrusts customer information to a subcontractor to the extent necessary for the subcontracted work.
1. When the customer has consented to the use of his/her personal information.
2. When the information in the table below is provided orally, in writing, or by electronic media to the recipients in the table below for the purposes of use in the table below.
|Provided Personal Information||Recipient of personal information||Purpose of use by the recipient of personal information|
|Rental car||Information related to the rental car, such as the type of car used, the intended use of the car, and the date and time of commencement of the rental, as well as personal information such as the customer’s name and address||Toyota Motor Corporation||To provide customers with information on products and services and other business-related information.|
|Toyota Motor Corporation and those who have entered into an information provision agreement with Toyota Motor Corporation||To conduct questionnaire surveys concerning customers’ reasons for renting a rental car or TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease’s customer service for the purpose of planning and developing products or considering measures to improve customer satisfaction.|
|Toyota Motor Corporation and those who have entered into a Toyota Rental Lease franchise agreement with Toyota Motor Corporation.||Planning of measures for customer satisfaction, such as facilitating the conclusion of rental agreements, and development of a system for the franchise as a whole.|
|Leasing||Personal information stated on the contract, such as the date of conclusion, vehicle name, paint color, model number, and other information related to the vehicle, and the customer’s name, address, and telephone number (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information stated on the Contract”)||Toyota Motor Corporation||Providing customers with information on products, services, etc., or on the contents of the Agreement and the performance status of maintenance, etc., through the online leasing system operated by Toyota Motor Corporation.|
|Personal information stated on the front page of this contract and any future changes to the personal information stated on the front page that TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease may become aware of||Toyota Motor Corporation and those who have entered into an information provision agreement with Toyota Motor Corporation||To conduct a questionnaire survey concerning customers’ motives for leasing automobiles and TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease’s customer service, etc., for reference in the planning and development of products and in consideration of measures to improve customer satisfaction, etc.|
|Toyota Motor Corporation and those who have entered into a Toyota Rental Lease franchise agreement with Toyota Motor Corporation.||To formulate measures for customer satisfaction, such as facilitating the conclusion of leasing contracts, and to develop a system for the franchise as a whole.|
|Property and casualty insurance companies for which TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease is entrusted as a property and casualty insurance agency||Soliciting and enrolling customers in various types of non-life insurance policies.|
|Personal information on the front page of this contract and automobile inspection certificate information for vehicles under lease contracts, trade-in vehicles, and vehicles requested for end-of-life vehicle pick-up that were ordered at the same time as the order in question||Toyota Motor Corporation||As a franchisor, to develop effective franchise measures according to the customer’s circumstances after confirming the lease status, etc.|
|Toyota dealers and other car sales and maintenance businesses||To provide information and implementation of procurement and trade-in of automobiles, various registration procedures, periodic inspections and vehicle inspections.|
|End-of-life car pick-up service providers||Pickup and disposal procedures for end-of-life vehicles.|
|Personal information and vehicle registration number stated on the front page of this contract (including personal information and registration number changes stated in the contract that TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease and Toyota vehicle dealers may obtain in the future through service entries, etc.)||Toyota Motor Corporation|
Toyota dealerships where the customer will enter for service in the future
|Provide customers with information on market procedures.|
To respond promptly and appropriately to customers when bring their automobile in for service or when they call, etc.
|Name, address, age, gender, telephone number, place of employment, vehicle registration number, VIN number, description of vehicle equipment, part numbers of parts required for repair and maintenance, location of work, description of work, date of work and odometer mileage on the date of work, etc.||Toyota Motor Corporation||To respond promptly and appropriately to customers when bring their automobile in for service or when they call, etc.|
|Insurance||Insurance information to the extent necessary for the provision and operation of non-life and life insurance and related services as an insurance agent.||Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.|
Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Co., Ltd.
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd.
Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
|To provide non-life and life insurance services and related services as an insurance agent.|
3. When deemed necessary by law.
4. When deemed necessary for the benefit of the customer or the public.
5. When there are other justifiable reasons.
(2) Customers may request TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease to cease the provision of their personal information to third parties as described in 1. and 2. in the preceding paragraph. (Please refer to Section 10. Customer Information Consultation Service)
5. Shared Usage of Personal Information
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease may share your personal information with other TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease group companies.
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease group companies will make every effort to provide you with high quality services and products by taking advantage of their respective expertise to bring you an even higher level of satisfaction.
For this purpose, we will share personal information within the following scope.
(i) Items of personal information to be shared
Name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, place of employment, family members, information on transactions, and other information given by the customer.
(ii) Scope of shared use
Ambitious Group Hokkaido Holding Inc.
a) Toyota Corolla Sapporo Corp.
b) Sapporo Toyopet Co., Ltd.
c) Netz Toyota Hakodate Co., Ltd.
d) Jms Ambitious Co. (automobile equipment sales)
e) Matsumoto Automobile Industry Co. (sheet metal repair)
f) Corolla Shoji (insurance and registration related)
g) ICS Corporation (international car sales)
(iii) Purposes of Use by Persons with whom Information is Shared
a) To provide information on various products and services
b) To provide information on various events, campaigns, etc.
c) For planning and development of products and services, and for consideration of measures to improve customer satisfaction
(iv) Name of the party responsible for the management of personal information to be shared
Tomoharu Nishikawa, President and Representative Director, TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease SHINSAPPORO CO. LTD.
2-47, Hiragishi 7-jo 13-chome, Toyohira-ku, Sapporo
6. Personal Information Protection System
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease has established a Personal Information Protection Promotion Committee to ensure that personal information is protected throughout the company. TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease has appointed a person in charge of personal information protection under this committee to ensure the protection of personal information in all departments within the company, to educate employees on the protection of personal information, and to establish a system to receive feedback from customers. TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease will conduct regular audits of its handling of personal information and will always strive for continuous improvement.
7. Handling of Sensitive Information
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease will not acquire, use, or provide to third parties any sensitive personal information (i.e., information on race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal convictions/convictions, criminal damage, etc.), labor union membership, family origin and legal domicile, health care, or sex life (“Sensitive Information”), except as provided in the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws, regulations, or guidelines.
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease understands that personal information is information entrusted to us by our customers and that it is our responsibility to ensure the security of such information.
9. Collection of Personal Information from the Website
- Encryption: When collecting personal information from the website established by TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease, an encryption system (SSL) is used to ensure that your personal information is transmitted securely.
10. Customer Information Consultation Service
The customer may request TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease to disclose his/her personal information held by TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease. If necessary, the customer may also request that TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease correct the personal information. For information on how to obtain the disclosure request form and other documents specified by TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease, please contact TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease at the telephone number of the TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease service center or the TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease location nearest you. If you wish to make a request for disclosure, please have something (such as a driver’s license) ready that confirms your identity. Please note that a separate fee must be paid for the disclosure of personal information. TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease has also established a service center for inquiries and consultation regarding personal information from customers.
Tomoharu NISHIKAWA, President and Representative Director, TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease SHINSAPPORO CO. LTD.
2-47, Hiragishi 7-jo 13-chome, Toyohira-ku, Sapporo Main line: 011-814-2222
Service Center, Sales Department Chief, Makoto Tawa, Phone number: 011-814-6006
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease will promptly respond to complaints and consultations regarding the handling of personal information.
11. Compliance with Laws and Regulations as well as Improvements
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease faithfully complies with relevant laws, regulations and other rules for the protection of personal information.
TOYOTA Rent-A-Lease constantly reviews its Personal Information Protection Policy and internal regulations regarding the protection of personal information in order to improve the handling and management of personal information.
The end of this document